Pages

Thursday 6 March 2014

A trip to Sevel Dials

Hello hello!

Last week I ventured out on crutches( I had a foot op) to Covent Garden. For those of you who know London well, you will know that Soho is never quiet. The buzz excites me and lets the imagination run wild. Every time I am in town I feel empowered, like the people surrounding me provide optimism.

A surprise from my wonderful Mama-going to see The Sleeping Beauty at the Royal Opera House.
Our First stop was the Thai Restaurant on Shaftsbury Avenue called Thai Square, ordinarily I am not a fan of chain restaurants but this one was better than expected. 
For starter I had Tom Yum Goong which is a typical soup dish for Thailand, its a basic broth with lemongrass, mushrooms and prawns with a slight kick to it!

For my main I had Pad Bai Kapraw- a stir fried chicken dish with Thai sweet basil, onion, french beans, crushed chillies and garlic. The food was presented in a shell similar to a spring roll and with a lightly dressed salad.

 Dessert- Afters called for a refreshing trip to Snog on Garrick Street. I had original with passion fruit drizzled generously on top. (One of my favourite treats in town, but not cheap)


 At our seats just in time the performance started at 7.30pm, programme in hand and one of the best views in the house I was ready to enjoy the ballet. As ballet goes I am no expert but this performance was not one of the best I've seen. The story was quite drawn out and could have been finished in 2 hours instead of 3. The costumes however were wonderful and the music spectacular. I think my Swan Lake is still at number 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment